How To Become An Oklahoma Online Notary For NotaryLive
Step 1: Be a Traditional Notary
To become an online notary, you must first hold a current commission as a traditional notary public in the state of Oklahoma. If you are not already commissioned as a traditional notary public, you can learn more about how to apply on the Secretary of State’s website.
Step 2: Obtain the Necessary Electronic Documents
2.1 Obtain an Electronic Seal
- Sign up with NotaryLive and follow the prompts; if you already have an account, sign in to create the seal
- Enter the information associated with your traditional notary commission and your seal will be generated
- Click Download to save the seal
2.2 Obtain a Digital Certificate
- Go to IdenTrust
- Scroll down and click Buy Now
- Select IGC Notaries Basic Assurance | Individual Identity | Software Storage $77.00-$182.00
- Select your desired certificate validity period (prices vary)
- Complete the order
Step 3: Register as an Online Notary with the Secretary of State
- Once you have the electronic documents from Step 2, visit the Secretary of State’s website. Click Here to fill out an application and submit your documents.
- Pay the $25 fee and make sure that the information that you have submitted is correct.
You should receive a response within a few business days. For questions, please call 405-521-2516.
Step 4: Finish Applying with NotaryLive
Once you have received your online notary commission, you can Click Here to upload the rest of your credentials and finish signing up.
If you have any questions or if you believe that the steps listed above are no longer accurate, please contact us at [email protected].